Mental Health & Wellness Resources for Families
The resources linked below, for both parents and students, have been curated here in partnership with the Westchester County Office for Community Mental Health.
7 Ways to Support Kids and Teens Through The Corona Pandemic - From The Clay Center for Young Healthy Minds, available in both English & Spanish.
Parent Teen Connect - An online experience parents & teens can share. Videos, resources, and useful advice to help teens and the adults in their lives address hot-button topics (independence, screen time, communication etc…). Available in both English and Spanish.
Child Mind Institute - Daily tips for managing wellness, self-care, supporting and talking to kids and teens, understanding disruptive behavior, etc.
Parenting Support and Skill Building - Resource from the CDC that uses short videos.
Zara’s Big Messy Day series deals with managing stress and identifying emotions. This is FREE and all digital.
- Zara's Big Messy Day on audiobook
- The Zara's Big Messy Day ebook
- A set of Zara's Big Messy Day coloring and activity pages
- Two high-resolution full-color printable versions of Zara's Big Messy Emotion Chart
- And a link to watch the Zara's Big Messy Day story video with bonus meditation
Google Arts & Culture has access to virtual museum tours you can take from home
Little Children Big Challenges: Committee for Children and Sesame Street have partnered to create a collection of resources for young children facing significant challenges.
Mind Yeti®: Fifteen mindfulness program sessions are now available, no experience necessary! Designed for educators and families to do alongside children, or for older children to do on their own, Mind Yeti provides a great way for everyone to practice mindfulness during this difficult time.
- Mind Yeti on Vimeo: English | Spanish
- Mind Yeti on YouTube: English | Spanish
- Mind Yeti Podcast: RSS Feed | Spotify | Stitcher