Valhalla Center Remote Learning
In order to ensure continuity of instruction for students during all school closures, the faculty and staff have developed resources and materials to ensure that learning is ongoing. We will also make every effort to remain connected with you during this time to answer questions and support student learning. All assignments and resources are intended to reinforce skills and continue to build content area leaning.
Materials will also include activities and information for students from service providers have sent a list of activities for daily living in which students can participate from home. These activities will reinforce skills that have been opportunities for learning in the school setting. There are also recommended activities to promote health and wellness.
Virtual Learning Opportunities:
• For some classes, teachers will be sharing learning materials and assignments through Google classroom.
• Digital resources will include Kahoot, BrainPop, and Google Slides.
• Some teachers will also be creating content area lessons using Nearpod as appropriate for students.
• All log-on information, if applicable, was included in student packets.
Handouts and Hard Copies:
• Packets of assignments and materials have also been sent home with students.
• Social stories, speech materials and specific occupational therapy materials will also be shared that are student-specific objectives. Step by step task analysis for student specific objectives.
• The OT, PT, and Speech therapists and providers sent home individualized exercise routines that are aligned with student IEP goals including potential schedules that can be used for activities of daily living with suggested ideas.
All teachers prepared packets through the U.S. Postal Service with individual ELA and Math materials for all students. Teachers and Service Providers will be will remain in communication via Outlook email, especially regarding individualized planning. All of the academic materials in each packet are student specific and address the skills and content that they are currently learning or have mastered.